corpus christi roofers
Choosing the right material for your roofing project is imperative to the life of your home, but it is often just as dependent on your personal tastes as it is your geographical area. While the list of roofing materials is nearly endless, one of the more popular choices for its beauty and durability is slate. The most commonly used stone roofing material, slate is naturally attractive and will effectively protect nearly any type of construction.
Like most materials, slate has both advantages and disadvantages. Aside from its incredible beauty, there are several other reasons that slate is one of the more popular materials used by Corpus Christi roofers.
Advantages of Slate Roofing
- Extended life span
- Heavy enough to withstand high winds
- With careful handling slate can be reused almost limitlessly
- Very low maintenance
- Offers fire protection
- Slate is quite expensive both in materials and workmanship
- Sometimes needs additional support due to weight
- Slate roofing can easily break if walked on
- Should only be installed by professionals specifically trained in slate roofing installation
Depending on your tastes and resources, slate may be a viable option for your home. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages in most cases and the overall beauty of this natural material is reason enough to ask whatever Corpus Christi roofers that you work with about whether slate roofing is suitable for you.